Wednesday, October 28, 2009

kids

I love them. I really do. My only 2 little girls in my class are twin girls and I love them to pieces. Honestly, they are so loving. They see me when they are coming from their 3 year old room to my room in the afternoons and they just beam with a big smile and wave and scream my name. Then come the hugs. And the "I love you"s...it melts my heart. There are 2 boys that are the same way. They crack me up with their ways. They want to have a "conversation" with me. One boy tells me about the cow that died and he helped his Dad drag it off. He is hilarious!! The other tells me about trick or treating at church this weekend. They are just so CUTE! Makes my ovaries hurt, I tell ya!!

Today, we had to "break the news" that I won't be their teacher after this week. Mrs. S is coming to be with them everyday. My 2 little girls hugged me tight and said "but why? we want you!" and I explain they will still see me every day at play time(they all play together in the afternoons, 3s and 4s)... I get the "I love you, please stay" and I want to cry. HAH! Attached much? Mrs. S reiterates that I will be around. They still don't want her. LOL! Poor Mrs. S.

I actually would be totally out of a job as of this Friday because the lady I replaced has come back from her medical leave and wants to be full time again. BUT, she knows I am *fingers crossed* waiting to hear back from "the job" and didn't want me to be kicked to the curb. Plus another lady decided she was only going to work mornings. This all opened up time for me to still work there for a few more weeks. In all the changing around, I get shifted to another class :( I know the kids in the other class and it will be ok but I will miss my class I have now. They are all so good and we have a routine. I am thankful, nonetheless! There are some very nice ladies there that are being super kind to me. God has provided when I was sure to be drowning if I was cut loose this Friday!!

When I do leave, I think I will shed a tear or two. I knew when I went there that it was all temporary but little did I know that I would get so attached to some of the kids! I took the job for many reasons....one main reason was a test of my patience and a test to see if I *really* wanted children or not....I do, we do. It's a must. I could have a house full and never stop smiling. I've learned a lot about myself in the past couple of months and the teachers were the 3 and 4 year olds.

2 comments:

  1. bless you honey! that is so cute how attached they are

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) it's so easy to get attached to angels, boo.

    love you. mean it.

    ReplyDelete