Saturday, November 7, 2009

1950s style

Apparently, my posting from the cell phone was short lived. ALTHOUGH, I have been posting, almost every day but guess what? My posts never showed up here. Where they went, I will never know!!

A lot has been going on around here. Good news keeps raining down. God is good and He is showing his glorious face.

First-----I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh gosh, I am so darn happy! I start December 1st. So, there is lots to do around my house in preperation of getting back into a Mon-Friday 8-5 job :) It's perfect timing!

Second, I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday to discuss the new doctor in Memphis. I can hardly stand the wait to that.

Third, I am busy busy busy sewing!! I have tons to do and trying to hurry..

Last weekend we went up to see my hubby's parents. Long story short, his Dad plans to give each of the kids 5 acres to plant roots and build or whatever they want to do with the land. The rest of the land(500+/- acres) goes into a general estate, this is all when he is gone. He just wanted to prepare all of the kids beforehand. Good idea, this day in time. He doesn't want the land seperated, yada yada.. Well, we want this certain spot and have been trying to figure out a way to put our stake on it. We got it!! Hubby's parents gave us a 1955 Airstream trailer...don't laugh, yet. It's huge, for one thing. It's OLD for another and its in the original form minus some minor details. Well, we are going to remodel the inside back to the orginial 1950s theme.

Picture this huge silver bullet looking trailer complete with big funky windows and round window/port hole looking things. The inside will have black and white checker flooring. Then we are painting the walls inside a bright cheery sunny yellow. The cabinets willl be white, again. Then I am purchasing a retro shaped couch in RED... Then a small diner type table from the 50s that is big enough for 2 chairs with the chrome metal around the edges. Top the table off with two chrome metal chairs with round seats that are red vinyl. OH YEA! LOL! Hubby & I are totally stoked to redo this trailer. Outside we are replacing the deck and will add the 50s style patio furniture. Not to mention all the cute little windows and 2 large picture type windows in the living room that I will be making some cutesy funky curtains for!!

this trailer is completely in its original form as far as the shape of the cabinets and such. The bathroom has a green, orange, cream stripe wallpaper. If I can repaire some peeling corners and clean the walls up then it may very well stay. The bedroom is a funky turquoise blue, I am debating whether to leave it or repaint it. In the kitchen the stove is straight from the 70s era and still looks brand new and works! I was SHOCKED!! We have to find a refrigerator and I am going to take my time and try to find one that is OLD like the Frigidaire with pull handle style and in working condition. I want to REALLY keep the old feel of it but with some modern updates :) There is even a can opener mounted on the wall that is manual but is dated 1950. I was squealing when I saw it and it works! It STAYS! ha ha ha I will have to post pictures as soon as I can.

So, if any of you out there see any old retro looking stuff, shoot me an email. Although, I would like to find an original table and chairs from that era, I know I may be better off buying new. Those are easy to find online. We don't want to spend a fortune on everything because it is just a place for the weekends we come up to his parents house. But, I still want it cute and nice. I don't want to dread staying there. And by the time I am done, it will be cute. :) His parents are so delighted that we are doing this. they bought it new and used it way back in the day and they have loved that little place. I think we will love it just as much once we get it all cleaned up and looking like a 50s story book page.

I asked the hubby if we could buff and polish the silver thing so that it was so shiny it would put out eyes :) hahaahhahahaha Couldn't you just see it? He said I would have to settle with pressure washing it down.

I hope you all are having a great week. I have more great news coming, but just couldn't share just yet.... good times.

1 comment: