Tuesday, November 17, 2009

5 am

I have that song stuck in my head. I think it was Dido, "its 5 am and I'm" don't remember the rest. I am starting a new routine to be prepared for my new job. Getting up early in order to leave by 630! So what does a girl do with so much time in the mornings? Clean, wash clothes, sew. Drink coffee, watch the news. Wish I could get the paper without it being a day behind.

The dog says I am crazy and is still curled up and asleep!

Have yall started shopping for the holidays yet? I have thought about it but haven't made a purchase yet. I will be on Friday, but only a couple of things for the hubby. Does it count that I know a couple of things that I am going to do? Ha ha

Thanksgiving is next week and I could not be more ready! Hubby is in an exceptionally good mood because deer season starts this weekend. We were walking to my parents house for breakfast Sunday morning and He was whistling and skipping, like a little girl. Ha ha Singing 5 more days!
He isn't right!

I went to look at a house that I love in historical downtown Canton. It is for sale but has to be moved. I knew it was old but I love the look. I decided that I would stop and peek in the windows before I called about it, since it is empty. WRONG!! I pulled in the drive way and got the poo scared out of me! There was a homeless man hiding by the back steps! I threw my car in reverse and hauled booty out of there!
I called about it. Its a large old house built in 1903. It was built with cypress and is a very stable house. Has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, 2 kitchens, formal dining, formal living, family room, 2 screened porches, rounded arch ways, glass door knobs, original wood floors. Are you drooling with me yet? Ha ha probably not, but I love it! There are a couple of fireplaces and I am concerned about the brick. I know it may not make the haul.
The hubby said He would look but He was not as optimistic as I am! I love a project but He doesn't. He says I get the easy part of dreaming up the idea and not doing the work but He is so wrong! I would work! Ha ha

As much as I would love an old house that is totally remodeled, He would not. So, back to the drawing board! Hope yall have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. i was awake at 5am because of the dang cat! his internal alarm must go off then LOL fortunately i was able to sleep for a couple more hours :) that house sounds terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT a morning person. I hit my snooze five times EVERY morning. I have just enough time to get dressed. I don't do coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, you're gonna LOVE that drive to work everyday! i'm on the road by 6:50, but i have to drop off the diva and be to work by 7:30. UGH! looking forward to having lunches with you soon!!! yah!!!!

    love ya. mean it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would SO love an old house like that!

    ReplyDelete